Cub Scout Pack 539 relies on volunteers to provide leadership and support. Volunteers come from a variety of backgrounds and experiences. Plumbers, lawyers, housewives, teachers, doctors, janitors, and scientists—people from just about every occupation imaginable— are involved in leading youth to become responsible, caring, and competent citizens. They also quickly discover that volunteering enables them to learn new skills and build lifelong friendships while having fun.
You Benefit, Too
• Develop a greater level of pride in your community,
• Have the opportunity to demonstrate moral and ethical decisions,
• Build a closer bond with your children and other children in the community,
• Become a better role model image for youth in your community,
• Develop a more personal relationship with God.
Volunteering with Cub Scout Pack 539 enables you to work with youth to build a better future for everyone.
Volunteering by the Numbers
- More than 1.2 million adult volunteers contribute their time and skills to the development of youth through the Boy Scouts of America.
- Ninety-six percent of Scout volunteers would strongly encourage family, friends, and coworkers to volunteer with the Boy Scouts of America.
- Volunteers believe their time invested with the Boy Scouts of America helps them be
- a better citizen (90 percent),
- a better parent (88 percent),
- a better manager (73 percent),
- a better employee (66 percent),
- more patient and tolerant of others (69 percent),
- more open to new ideas (65 percent) and opinions (52 percent).